With beautiful weather year round, a gorgeous coastline, and a booming metropolis, there is never a shortage of fun things to do in San Diego California!
Most people are aware of famous attractions, such as Sea World and the San Diego Zoo, which families from all around the world travel to! However, we wanted to highlight some other, slightly lesser known, fun things to do with your kids in San Diego!
Over the past few months we’ve reviewed “12 Fun & Creative Things to do in San Diego With Your Children“. These are gathered from ideas provided by current parents of children who attend our Montessori school, as well as some of the popular destinations that provide an amazing experience for you and your children!
If you’ve missed one of our valuable posts, we’ve linked to them below:
(Also, keep in mind, all of these tips are available in our “12 Fun & Creative Things to do in San Diego With Your Children” PDF eBook as well!)
- 1: Make a Bonfire on Coronado Beach
- 2: Visit the Point Loma Tide Pools & See the Cabrillo Monument
- 3: Spend the Day in Julian California
- 4: Bundle-up and Go on a Whale Watching Tour
- 5: Visit The New Children’s Museum in San Diego
- 6: Take a Hike!…or Relax by Otay Lakes Park
- 7: Rent Bicycles and Explore the Island of Coronado
- 8: Discover the U.S.S. Midway
- 9: Stop & Smell the Roses in the “Children’s Garden” at the San Diego Botanic
- 10: Balboa Park, San Diego is Free for Residents on Tuesdays
- 11: Take an Old Town Trolley or SEAL Tour
- 12: Visit the San Diego Maritime Museum
In every activity that they do, children are continually learning and absorbing their environment.
As a parent, you have the wonderful opportunity to share these everyday learning experiences with your children, by finding activities that you can do together, when your child is not at school.
Follow these directions to our school to see our teachers awakening young hearts and minds. See children who are happy, motivated, and at peace with themselves and their peers.
Be sure to download “12 Fun & Creative Things to do in San Diego With Your Children” by clicking the book at the top of this post.
Call (619) 422-1220 or visit www.MontessoriAmerican.com if you have any further questions!